Gis are all over the market these days, and we wanted to find something worthy to review. We picked up the Fuji BJJ gi, a cotton single weave kimono with quality fabric and good pricing.
The Fuji brand has been producing top-notch martial arts kimonos for a very long time; this one is specifically made for BJJ.
Fuji Gi Features
- Lightweight Pearl weave jacket
- Triple reinforced rip Stop pants
- Stiff collar with extra rows of stitching
In this article, we will be reviewing the Fuji BJJ gi, a different design that hopefully helps you find what you’re looking for in terms of Gi quality.
It is very breathable and comfortable, so no need to wear a rashguard underneath: the material is very breathable.
The fabric allows for no moisture or smells even after being stored in the wardrobe. This is the first gi we’ve come across that provides such an outstanding fabric overall.
One thing with the Fuji Gi, though, is that it collects lint, so it might be an issue for you if you’re allergic to dust (we hope not).
- Jiu-Jitsu Kimono: FUJI Submit Everyone Jiu-Jitsu Gi is extra lightweight for enhanced...
- BJJ Uniform: Our BJJ Gi features triple reinforced ripstop pants with a bungee drawstring that...
- BJJ Gi Belt: The premium weave material of the belt is easy-to-tie and is made to stay secured...
The Fuji gi fit sets a higher standard for sizes; even a regular A3 will fit just fine for those around 6ft tall. If you’re a buff jiu-jitsu fighter, no need to worry, you will fill out the gi pretty well.
Fabric & Embroidery
- BJJ Gi: FUJI’s Lightweight BJJ Gi ideal for hot weather training sessions or for intense...
- Jiu Jitsu Uniform: Our Jiu Jitsu uniform is pre-shrunk and IBJJF, NABJJF, UAEJJF Approved....
- Cotton Blend Kimono: The jacket of the Gi features FUJI premium cotton blend fabric, a thick...
It feels like you’re wearing a bathrobe; that’s how comfortable the gi fabric is. The gi is essentially handmade: the quality of the collar and the stitching is great!
The fuji gi is made of triple stitching reinforcements, and the shoulder area is padded with cotton. As you can see, the weave reinforces this stitching without sacrificing comfort.
The fuji Gi’s pants come with a plastic swivel lock belt, coming with an elastic rope belt. The texture is very well stitched to the point where even after months of usage, it will barely show any wrinkling or deterioration of the knee area.
- BJJ Gi: FUJI BJJ Gi (kimono) is the best-selling and most trusted Fuji Gi (kimono) in the...
- Jiu-Jitsu Uniform: Mid-weight with stiff, thick collar and multi-layered reinforcement across...
- Cotton Blend Kimono: The pants of the BJJ Kimono are a premium cotton blend twill pants with a...
The Mizuno Fuji Gi surely has similar features with an American pro weave but could be slightly more expensive than the Fuji gi: So in terms of price, it’s cheap and does pretty well against the same type of gis out there in the market.
- Available in blue and white
- Great weave
- Double Stitching
- IBJJF approved
- A bit expensive
- Collects lint
Final Judgement: Worthy Gi?
The whit Fuji Gi m gi really stands out from its competitors in terms of differences in the weave quality and the comfort it provides. It doesn’t stink and is comfortable to wear even without a rashguard.