Grappling socks? What the heck are grappling socks? And more importantly, do I need a pair? If you’ve ever asked yourself any of these questions, then you’ve come to the right place. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about grappling socks – what they are, why you might need them, and most importantly, which pair is best for you.
What are Grappling Socks and What Do They Do?
I don’t think we’ll see them at the BJJ world championships anytime soon, but grappling socks have been more popular lately, and I’ve seen them in several gyms.
Have you ever suffered from mat burn to the extent that you have been unable to train? Grappling socks can help protect the injured skin and minimize infection risk. They’re also popular among people who have poor circulation and struggle with cold mats during the winter months.
When rolling, plasters and tape don’t generally stay on for long, so some people wear grappling socks to prevent their open wounds on their feet from coming into touch with their teammates’ skin.
I’ve tried out a few pairs and these are the ones that I like the most.
Tilos Sport Skin Socks BJJ Socks
- PROTECT YOUR FEET - Keep your feet safe from the hot sand with the Tilos Sport Skin Sock. The...
- SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT - At only .45kg (1lb), you'll forget that you're wearing socks! Our 2.5mm...
- BUILT TO LAST - The neoprene sole with adjustable hook and loop cuff ensures a comfortable,...
Tilos sports socks are great if aesthetics are important to you, as they feature attractive colors and designs. The socks are made of a flexible lycra that may be adjusted at the ankle cuffs for convenience. This sock’s sole is also composed of neoprene, like many others, providing excellent traction and grip between the wearer’s foot and the mat.
Tilos sports skin socks are a good choice for people who don’t fit into the average size range. They come in different sizes, so you can choose the right one for you. These socks are good for sports because they are resistant to heat, wear and tear, and don’t scuff easily.
- Environment friendly because it’s made of recycled polyester
- Hypoallergenic neoprene is ideal for people with sensitive skin
- Durable glued and flatstitched seams minimizes water flow and maintain strength
- Super stretchy lycra conforms to feet and ankle cuffs for a perfect fit
- If you think you may need to return, read the fine print first! These have no return policy.
- Has excess heel/toe room
Sanabul Foot Grips Jiu Jitsu Socks
- A Better Grip On The Mat: Nothing is worse than slipping during Jiu Jitsu, grappling or any...
- Tested By Pro's, Created For You: The top names in the sport rep Sanabul, such as legendary BJJ...
- The Perfect Fit: Made with four way stretch material so you won’t feel like your range of...
I definitely recommend the Sanabul Foot Grips Jiu Jitsu Socks for anyone looking for a good pair of grappling socks. They’re made from material that won’t collect as much grime and sweat, and they also come with a rubber guard on the bottom to provide excellent grip. They’re also affordable and come in different sizes and colors. So far, I haven’t found any negatives with these socks. Definitely check them out!
- Feels like “second skin”
- Vents on side to prevent feet getting too sweaty and warm
- Rubber guard on the bottom provides excellent grip
- Protects against mat burn and infection
Roll Hard MMA Socks
- Bottom of the sock is made of stretchable neoprene material with heel to toe power traction and...
- Great product for stand up and ground work, an excellent product for all martial arts, popular...
- Sold in Pairs.
If you’re looking for some high-quality, durable grappling/MMA socks to train in then look no further than these. The material is top notch and will last the entire time through your workout session with ease as well being highly elastic which ensures nothing gets stuck on any part of its surface! These babies also come at an affordable price point so they won’t break your bank account every month while still providing excellent quality performance where needed most – during competition season especially when fighting against bigger opponents who may try taking advantage by grabbing hold etc.
The soles are made of flexible, stretchable Neoprene with a powerful traction at the heel to toe. The rubber GRIPPY texture ensures there is no chance of slipping.
These shoes are a mix between sports socks and wrestling shoes. They are extremely comfortable, lightweight, and have a modern ergonomic design. They provide better movement and more agility as well as immense antimicrobial protection. They also offer an extended area of protection that stretches up to include the ankle. Available in sizes XXS-XXL and a red and black color combination.
So, if you’re looking for a great all-around pair of grappling socks that will last you a long time and provide good value for your money – Roll Hard MMA Socks should be at the top of your list!
- Highest quality materials
- Provide the most bang for your buck
- Several varieties, particularly size-wise
- Rubberized, stretchable Neoprene with heel to toe power traction abilities
Grappling Socks Buyer’s Guide
Grappling socks help protect your feet and ankles. The first way they do this is by keeping germs from getting in or out. They also have a rubber sole that gives you a better grip. This helps you stay stable, even on wet and slippery surfaces. This can prevent ankle and knee injuries, as well as toe twists and sprains.
The best grappling socks are made with materials that help them be more functional. The best materials are Lycra, Spandex, and Neoprene. The soles of the socks should be rubber and have a special texture that helps you grip the ground.
The best grappling socks also have antibacterial surfaces. This helps keep your feet clean and healthy. The surfaces also allow the socks to breathe and wick away moisture.
When you’re choosing grappling socks, you need to make sure they feel like they’re not even there. They should be lightweight and easy to pull on and off. They should also be reasonably priced.
What Are Grappling Socks?
Grappling socks are a type of sock designed specifically for grappling sports like Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ), Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), and Wrestling. They provide a number of benefits over traditional socks, including improved grip, increased comfort, and reduced risk of infection.
There are a few different types of grappling socks on the market, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. The most popular options are:
- Compression Socks: These socks are designed to provide support and compression to the foot and ankle. They can help improve circulation and reduce swelling. Additionally, some brands claim that their compression socks can help prevent injuries like Achilles tendonitis.
- Grip Socks: Grip socks are designed with a special material on the bottom that helps improve traction and grip. This can be beneficial for a number of reasons, including preventing slips and improving your grip on an opponent.
- Hybrid Socks: As the name suggests, hybrid socks are a combination of compression and grip socks. They provide the benefits of both types of socks in one package.
So, which type of sock is best for you? It really depends on your needs and preferences. If you’re looking for increased foot support and circulation, then compression socks are a good option. If you want improved traction and grip, then grip socks are the way to go. And if you want the best of both worlds, then hybrid socks are probably your best bet.
No matter which type of sock you choose, there are a few things to keep in mind when selecting a pair. First, make sure that the socks fit snugly but are not too tight. You don’t want them to be so tight that they cut off circulation, but you also don’t want them to be so loose that they bunch up and cause irritation. Second, pay attention to the material of the socks. Some materials can cause allergic reactions or skin irritations, so it’s important to choose a pair made from breathable fabric like cotton or bamboo. Finally, make sure the socks have been treated with an anti-bacterial agent to prevent infection.
Why You Might Need Grappling Socks
There are a few reasons why you might want or need to wear grappling socks. One reason is to prevent mat burn. Mat burn is a type of friction burn that can occur when your skin rubs against the mat for a long time. Grappling socks can help protect your skin from mat burn by creating a barrier between your skin and the mat.
Another reason to wear grappling socks is to reduce the risk of infection. When you train, there’s always a chance that you could come into contact with bacteria or other contaminants on the mats. This is especially true if you have open wounds on your feet. Wearing grappling socks can help create a barrier between your wounds and potential contaminants. Additionally, wearing grappling socks can help keep your feet warm during training.
Finally, some people prefer to wear grappling socks instead of traditional socks. Grappling socks are usually made from softer, more breathable materials, which can make them more comfortable to wear. Additionally, some brands of grappling socks come with special features like anti-slip grips or compression support that can improve your training experience.
So, if you’re looking for a way to prevent mat burn, reduce your risk of infection, or simply improve your training experience, then grappling socks might be a good option for you.
Just remember to choose a pair of socks that fit well and are made from breathable fabric. And be sure to treat them with an anti-bacterial agent before use.
How To Choose Grappling Socks?
When choosing a grappling sock, it is important to consider the type of sock you need and the fit of the sock. Compression, grip, and hybrid socks are all available on the market. Make sure to choose a pair of socks that are made from breathable fabric and have been treated with an anti-bacterial agent.
Where Can You Buy Grappling Socks and How Much Do They Cost?
Grappling socks are available for purchase online and in some retail stores. Prices vary depending on the brand and type of sock, but you can expect to pay anywhere from $15 to $30 for a pair of grappling socks.
So, there you have it! A comprehensive guide to the best grappling socks on the market. Be sure to consider your needs and preferences when selecting a pair of socks. Thanks for reading!
Do you have any questions or suggestions? Leave them in the comments below!